Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On the way to SoCal

So I am on the way. Road the Sounder to Seattle and then boarded Amtrak and and headed south.

 train ride 005

As I went through Tacoma, I saw where James is currently  working.

It is a clear, sunny day in the Pacific Northwest.

train ride 011

As we approached Kelso, we also approached rain clouds.

 

train ride 013

 

 

And as we cross the Columbia River into Portland, yep, it is raining and 1:30 Monday afternoon. Oh, that is the front of the train I am on. I am in the last car taking the picture out the window.

Tuesday morning 5:39 AM

train ride 003 We are at Sacramento, CA. I don’t know how long we will be here. I heard we were scheduled to arrive here about 6:30 so we are early. I expect we will leave at the scheduled departure time, so we might be here for more than an hour.train ride 004

It bums me out that there is no strong wifi signal here. I thought for sure I would have signal in Sacramento.

I did sleep for about 6 hours. I did see us cross Lake Shasta and it is holding a lot more water than the last time I saw it.

I saw about 10 inches of snow in the area we traveled through before we got to Shasta.

1/27/10 8:57PM

I am sitting in Union Station LA waiting for the train to Oceanside. I we on the train from Seattle for 36 hours. There is wifi here so I will post this and check e-mail.

No comments: